If you are petite, less than five foot four inches tall, you may have a hard time finding clothes that fit you properly. Most of the clothing in regular department stores is too big for petite womens frames. But if you are looking for womens petite dresses and other articles of clothing there is hope. Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect clothes to fit a smaller frame and look fabulous.
Learn How to Dress as a Petite Person
Before you begin to shop for clothing it is important to know a few helpful tips to help you look better in the clothes you pick out.
1. Try to find petite clothing lines. When you are a petite person it is important to get clothing that was designed for your smaller body frame. You will look better if you are able to find womens petite dresses and other clothing options specifically in a petite size.
2. Don’t wear clothes that split up your form halfway across your body, like at your waist. Instead wear pants with a high waist to help make your legs look longer, or a longer shirt that goes past your waist.
3. Wear the same color scheme. Wearing a lot of vibrant contradictory colors can make you seem smaller than you are.
4. Choose V neck shirts whenever possible. V neck shirts and dresses help petite women look taller than they are.
5. Wear stripes that are vertical to help make you look taller. Avoid horizontal stripes which will make you look short and squat.
6. Wear a belt that matches the color of your pants. This will help your legs look longer.
7. Wear heels to look taller. This is one of the most obvious things you can do to appear taller than you are. The heels don’t have to be incredibly high. Even a small wedge will help you look taller. Make sure that whichever shoes you choose are comfortable for you to wear.
In addition to following these tips you should also avoid doing the following things if you are petite
- Do not carry large bulky purses. This can make you appear smaller than you are.
- Don’t wear extra baggy clothes because your figure will be lost in your layers.
- Don’t wear shoes that have straps across your ankle because they make your legs look shorter.
Most important of all is to enjoy being petite. Remember that big things come in small packages.